General Terms and Conditions
Terms of website use
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, we hereby expressly exclude:
(a) all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
(b) Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation (and in particular if you are a business user) any liability for:
(i) loss of income or revenue;
(ii) loss of business;
(iii) loss of profits or contracts;
(iv) loss of anticipated savings;
(v) loss of data;
(vi) loss of goodwill;
(vii) wasted management or office time; and
(viii) for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
If you are a commercial user, please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes.
Emails and Information sent to us
Any email or attachment sent to us will not be encrypted and we therefore do not accept any liability if emails sent by you are compromised (including, but not limited to, their security or confidentiality). We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept any liability for any external compromise of security and/or confidentiality in relation to transmissions sent by email.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Hire Terms and Conditions
- Charges for equipment hire will be as on our current price list, prices for long term hire are available on request.
- Payment must be made prior to delivery or collection unless otherwise agreed.
Account customers on 30 day accounts with an overdue balance must bring their accounts up to date or they could jeopardise delivery or collection of equipment.
- Late return of equipment may incur extra charges.
- Friday to Monday weekend hire, will be charged as a 3-day hiring. Bank holidays will not be charged as an extra day, as the equipment cannot be returned if we are closed.
- A deposit may be charged which will be refunded after the equipment has been checked for damage. Repairs to damaged equipment will be carried out by DPS and charged for accordingly. The cost of the repair will be final and non-negotiable. Equipment must be returned in clean condition or a cleaning charge may be applied.
- There will be a charge for delivery & collection of equipment based on mileage.
- Installation of equipment can be either on cylinder or hard pipe and can be carried out by our fully trained staff. All installations will comply with current Health & Safety regulations. There will be a charge for this service.
- If equipment is to be collected we may require three forms of I.D, two of which must show an address.
- Cylinders will be loaned free of charge for the duration of the hire and must be returned with equipment. If not returned they will be charged for at Calor Gas’s current rates. No credit will be given for part used cylinders but will be given on full cylinders but this will be subject to a 10% handling charge.
- If any of the above terms are waived for any hiring it does not void them, they can still be applied to future hiring’s by the same customer.
- These terms supersede all previous terms published.